Meta Biometrics: My Voice Is More Than My Password
A conversation with Peter Mohany CMO Nuance Communications, Susan Hunt VP Federal Nuance Communications, Simon Bisson Freelance Technology Journalist, Richard Mack VP Communications Nuance Communications, Jeanne Harris Managing Director Information Technology Research Accenture Institute for High Performance increase
As the Internet becomes increasingly crowded with personal data and information collection, from amazon to facebook, there is an intensification in the desire to protect ones identify. However, we are challenged by the ability of technology to adequately utilize personalized biometric information to protect personal identity. Additionally, with the increase in cyber crime and computer hackers ability to crack strong case sensitive passwords, there is a growing need for stronger security protection of personal information. Nuance Communications is currently working in the field of telephonic voice recognition and meta biometrics to address these issues and discussed some of the emerging trends and areas they see this field going.
- There are multiple industries which can benefit from telephonic voice protection to include:
- Government/law enforcement
- Voice recognition and meta biometrics provide two obvious benefits
- Increased security
- Enhanced customer experience
- The security aspect allows you to provide increasing layers of security and voice authentication based on the need to authorize, identify and verify the user.
- Telephonic voice recognition services are revolutionizing law enforcement’s ability to track criminals by cutting back on both cost and resources put into wire tapping as you can automatically identify the criminal based on voice samples, thus cutting back on need for in person surveillance to confirm suspect identification of the wire.
- The customer experience gives retail companies the ability to identify the specific individual and personalize the advertising and product placement of their products to the specific demographics of the particular customer
- Given the specialized characteristics of telephonic voice recognition and meta biometric technology it creates a multivendor environment and allows company’s to partner in both consulting and software development roles