Beautifull: Eric Greenberg, Founder, Chairman, and CEO
- Makes pure, tasty healthy retail food prepared for eat-in, stock-up, take-out. “We make what you should eat into what you want to eat,” said Greenberg.
- We have to make healthy food fast, affordable and available to a lot of people. because that’s what Americans do. Beautifull is the antidote to fast food restaurants, whose wares cause heart disease, diabetes, cancer.
NeuroRepair Inc.: James Fallon, Chief Scientific Officer; and Matthew Klipstein, CEO
- After a major stroke, Matthew Klipstein sought out James Fallon to help him find a cure for brain damage.
- Traditional science mandates that neurological reparation is impossible. Brain damage is irreversible. Furthermore, there are few stem cells in the adult brain, and it is impossible to use them to stimulate brain regeneration.
- Scientist James Fallon found this to be false. By inserting growth hormone into the nasal cavity of rats, NeuroRepair has proven neurogenesis exists and can affect both chronic, old stabilized injury and new injury. Their next step is moving to tests in primates and humans. Klipstein says, “I expect to see all of you at FiRe next year without the cane, without the limp and with a left hand that works. Now, I don’t know that that’s going to happen. But I know that it’s possible. A year ago it wasn’t. And that’s a big deal.”
Impact Radius: Per Petterson, Co-Founder
- Performance based advertising; purchasers of ads pay for the results they want.
- Impact Radius is a clearinghouse of media companies that links them to one another and monitors the outputs of advertising, charging clients by the results they
Mobisante: Sailesh Chutani, Co-Founder and CEO
- Trying to build point-of-care diagnostic system that is cheap (anyone can afford to use it) and portable (carry it in your pocket)
- Their first product is a portable ultrasound, which can be used not only for maternal checkups but for screening for carpal tunnel and other afflictions, based on a mobile model.
NivaSonix Inc.: Bobby Purkait, President and CEO
- A non-invasive ultrasound technology that removes excess fat and wrinkles.
- You can remove, reduce your fat, maintain a healthy lifestyle through non-invasive surgery.
Power Assure: Brad Wurtz, President and CEO
- Tackling energy efficiency through data centers, which consume about 3% of the total energy use in the US today. By 2020, that will be 10%. The average use of data centers in the US today is 10%. 90% is being wasted.
- Power Assure has developed a system to track data center demand on a real time basis. As demand rises and falls, so Power Assure starts up or shuts down data center capacity. Have received a $5 million grant from the Department of Energy.