FIREGLOBAL : WEST COAST UNLEASHES 2009 FIRESTAR LINEUP
FiReGlobal : West Coast is proud to unveil its selection of eight pioneering technology companies to be featured as FiReStar award winners at this year’s FiReGlobal : West Coast conference. These companies, both regional and global, are selected based on their potential to bring positive change to the world. They will be showcased throughout the conference, and at a special FiReStar reception, during which regional and global investors will be given the chance to meet company officers.
Following are this year’s winners:
- CytomX Therapeutics is an early-stage, privately-funded biotechnology company developing Probodies™, proteolytically activated antibodies. Its mission is to provide patients with more effective and less toxic therapies for severe illnesses such as cancer and inflammatory diseases.
- Hoana Medical Inc. manufactures and sells a unique life-saving medical technology called the LifeBed™ Patient Vigilance System, a reusable-disposable (“reposable”) mattress coverlet that tracks a patient’s basic vital signs without any wires or connection to the patient.
- InTouch Health is a leading provider of Remote Presence (RP) telehealth solutions which empower physicians to easily and more frequently visit with hospital-based patients.
- Sea Breeze Power Corp. is dedicated to meeting the growing demand for clean, sustainable, green power. Their state-of-the art projects are a model for long-term, cost-effective, reliable energy solutions that will have low environmental impact, no greenhouse gas emissions and significant economic benefits.
- Serious Materials develops and manufactures sustainable green building materials that dramatically reduce the impact of the “built environment” on the climate.
- Sky Fiber Inc. develops patented wireless light communication products that address the rapidly growing global requirements for fast, secure, and affordable broadband wireless communication solutions.
- Tesla Motors has brought the best of the automotive and technology worlds together to permanently bury the image of an electric car as a step backward in performance, efficiency, or design. Its key technology is the 100% electric powertrain, which propels the company in the present and simultaneously establishes a foundation for its future models.
- Twisted Pair Solutions is a communications software platform that brings groups together for critical communications. By enabling Unified Group Communications, WAVE is powering the next generation of communications, collaboration, and interoperability solutions.
“These FiReStar companies represent real change, and they should provide all of us with a sense of optimism about the future. We will watch these award winners going forward, as they do their best to improve the world, and we do our best to help them.” said Mark Anderson, CEO of SNS, Chair of FiRe and FiReGlobal : West Coast.
The FiReGlobal : West Coast conference will take place October 15th at the Seattle Four Seasons Hotel. It is the first regional version of the renowned Future in Review™ annual global technology conference, which the Economist calls “the best technology conference in the world.” FiReGlobal : West Coast will showcase a world-class gathering of local and global thought leaders in technology and economics, through a series of interviews and onstage conversations. In a move beyond current tech conferences, FiReGlobal : West Coast has overlaid regional problems nominated by local leaders, to be solved through the collaboration of local Chief Technology Officers prior to the conference.
Other speakers will include Michael Dell, Chairman and CEO of Dell; Irwin Jacobs, Founder of Qualcomm; RealNetworks Founder, Chairman and CEO Rob Glaser; Nobel Laureate Lee Hartwell, President and Director of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center; Steve Reynolds, CEO of Puget Sound Energy; Washington State Commerce Department Director Rogers Weed; Larry Smarr,, John Delaney, and Mark Anderson.
To register, go to www.futureinreview.com/global/wc.